- 1/4 "elastic (if you have wider we can cut it to size, if it does not fray) Wider elastic works great for around the head design.
- If no elastic, ties – ties are made from two 1.5” or 2” strips (WOF) - add to masks as you would a binding
- 5" or larger metal twist ties (pipe cleaners and tree ties work great)
- Cotton fabric (no stretch, tight weave), 15 * 7.5 (side of mask needs to be at least 3.5" after the pleats are sewn)
- MERV 13 air filter (paper kind, not fluffy)
If you have the filters, the wire mesh needs to be pulled off, the wire side goes towards the mouth. Once the wire is pulled off, flatten the filter and cut. 6x10 if thin (then fold in half) or 6x5 if thick.
Here is the link to the mask we will be making:
Links to face mask instructions:
Flat face mask
Versatile Face Mask